Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment for Veterans (Chapter 31)

VOC-REHAB rehabilitation and employment benefits are managed by the VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Division in the Winston-Salem, NC Regional Benefit Office. In order to receive CH31 benefits, you must have submitted an application and been approved for CH31 benefits by the VR&E Winston-Salem Regional Office.

Note: Veterans who have recently relocated to the area must contact the VR&E Division prior to initiating VR&E benefits processing at NC State. The telephone number for VR&E is (336) 714-6099.

Step 1. If you have not been approved for CH31 benefits, follow these steps to apply online:

Step 2. Upon receipt of “Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification Status” (VA Form 28-1905) from your assigned VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, you will need to upload a copy of the VA Form 28-1905 via MyPack Portal (Certification Request).

Step 3. Register for classes at NC State as soon as your enrollment appointment opens. To see when your enrollment appointment opens, log into the MyPack Portal.

Complete the MyPack portal VA Enrollment Certification Request (MyPack Portal: Student Homepage > Personal Information tile > Veterans Information > Request Benefits Certification) following class enrollment. Any schedule change made after the completion of your NC State enrollment, and associated VA “Enrollment Certification” by the School Certifying Official, may result in a VA debt.

NOTE: Upon completion of VA Enrollment Certification processing, the School Certifying Official notifies the NC State Cashier’s Office that you are a Chapter 31, VOC-REHAB student. From a student account payment perspective, your student account tuition/fee and book payment will be deferred. Invoicing will take place directly with the VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Division in the Winston-Salem, NC, Regional Benefit Office.