Tuition Payment Plan
Due to delays in the processing of Veterans Education student benefit payments, NC State offers veterans and other eligible students a Payment Deferment Plan.
This plan is designed to coincide with the VA release of Post-9/11 Tuition and Fee payments and student Monthly Education Benefit stipends. It permits Veterans Education Benefits recipients to:
- Divide the eligible items in your NC State billing into four (4) equal payments.
- Defer your first payment until after the first month of the semester.
Follow these steps to Budget:
- Total all Student Account charges, tuition and fees, health insurance, housing, meals, and other fees.
- Subtract any grants, scholarships, loans, deposits, Post-9/11 VA Education Benefits (Chapter 33), and other military funding.
NOTE: A deferred plan is only necessary for student account balances that are not paid directly by VA Post-9/11 Education Benefits or other financial aid. The Cashier’s Office will automatically defer both the Post-9/11 benefit amount and other financial aid amounts. Therefore, VA Post 9/11 beneficiaries or transfer of entitlements only need to budget for the remaining balance not covered by their direct pay tuition and fees benefit. This includes incremental Non-Resident tuition and fee costs, students not eligible for the full benefit (100% eligibility tier, payment is prorated based on your eligibility percentage), and any on-campus housing and dining.
Follow these steps to enroll:
- After Veterans Education Benefits students complete their course enrollment and NC State online VA Certification Request, the Cashier’s Office will be notified of your VA benefit status.
- If you are VA Benefits-eligible, you can gain access to the payment plan through MyPack Portal. On the Student Accounts tile, select View/Sign-up for Payment Plan, then click the Sign-up/View button. A new window will open (be sure your popup blocker is turned off).
Additional information concerning the plan, including payment schedules and Payment Deferment budget calculation, can be found on the Student Services Center website. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with budgeting or if you have additional questions concerning this payment plan.