Change of Degree Application (CODA)
Welcome to NC State’s centralized site for applying to add or change majors. This site contains all the information and tools you need to research majors, and to apply to change or add a new major.
- Discover the options for majors at NC State – Visit our Explore Majors and Minors page
- Determine how your current coursework translates to your desired major – Run a “What If” on your degree audit for your intended curriculum. If you are not familiar with your degree audit, please see our degree audit tutorial
- Meet with a professional academic advisor to discuss options for majors – Visit the Academic Advising Services page and click on Walk-In Advising
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply to change or add another major, a student must:
- Complete twelve or more graded credit hours at NC State, and
- Satisfy the specific transfer requirements for the intended major as listed below
College CODA Requirements
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Poole College of Management
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Sciences
- College of Textiles
- University College
Once you have examined the requirements for your intended program, you can access the application by clicking the button below. Applications will be reviewed immediately following each application deadline. Students will be notified of their admission status via email within one month of the deadline.