To reserve a university classroom, students groups need to be registered each year with Student Involvement located in 4210 Talley Student Union.
To reserve space in an academic classroom, please fill out and submit the Room Reservation Request form.
Registration and Records only reserves university classrooms (designated as “110” spaces). The following room list provides our rooms and set-up features.
Useful tips for requesting a classroom reservation:
- Use your Unity ID and password to log into the Astra system.
- Use an @ncsu.edu address as a contact for your request.
- To access the form from an off-campus network, you can use the Virtual Private Networking Service (VPN) provided by the Office of Information Technology
- Reservations will be confirmed for the current semester only.
- Student groups will need to wait until after the first full week of classes for their room requests to be processed.
Departments and scheduling officers who need to schedule an event in a 110 classroom should fill out and submit the Room Reservation Request form in Astra.
Please see the chart below for a guide to when to submit requests for a specific semester. Please note that events on weekdays must be scheduled later in order to facilitate course placement in academic spaces.
|Fall (Weekend)||March (after Spring Break)|
|Fall (Weekday)||Late July|
|Spring (Weekend)||October (after Fall Break)|
|Spring (Weekday)||Late November/December|
|Summer (Weekend)||March (after Spring Break)|
|Summer (Weekday)||Late April & May|
Departmental Scheduling Officers can reference the following list of tutorials, resources, tools and information about training opportunities.
- Astra 7 (Log in with your Unity ID and password)
- Astra 7 Tutorial | Printable PDF Version
- Scheduling Handbook (pdf)
- Scheduling Tips (PDF)
- Useful Quicklinks for Scheduling Officers (PDF)
- Where to Begin (PDF)
- Where to Begin Worksheet (PDF)
How To: (pdfs)
- Add a Special Topics Section
- Create an Honors Section
- Enforce or Not Enforce Course Requisites
- Fix Other Class Schedule Errors
- Interpret the Class Schedule Error List
- Pair Lecture/Lab/Problem Sessions
- Read the Exam Schedule
- Request Special Preeassignment for a Class
- Use the Instructor/Advisor Table
- Definition of Graduate Faculty
- Graduate Level Instructor Qualifications
- The Graduate School’s form for applying for Graduate Faculty Status
- The Graduate School’s form for applying for non-graduate faculty to teach a specific course
- The Graduate School’s list of all graduate faculty
- Using the Instructor/Advisor Table
- Faculty Credentials – Information on Faculty Credential Requirements and related SACS information from UPA
- Accreditation Document – Principles of Accreditation from the Souther Association of Colleges and Schools
- Guidelines for Identifying Instructor Roles in SIS