Basic Course Information
Information Subject To Change
NC State University reserves the right to make changes at any time to reflect changes in cost affected by the state legislature, current board policies, administrative procedures, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Courses may be changed or cancelled based on demand. Classroom assignments may also be changed based on reasonable accommodations. Please refer to the copy of your schedule in your Student Center in MyPack Portal.
Online Course Catalog
Courses are arranged alphabetically by departmental abbreviation (prefix) and numerically by course number. Courses list the beginning and ending times for each class period; for example 8:05 to 8:55 MWF (Mon, Wed, Fri) or 10:15 to 11:30 TH (Tues, Thurs).
ALL Distance Education courses are identified with a 600 or 700 section number, and the class location should also indicate distance education. Distance Education course offerings, tuition and fee schedules, etc. are available on the Distance Education website.
- Freshmen courses are numbered 100 – 199.
- Sophomore courses are numbered 200 – 299.
- Junior and senior courses are numbered 300 – 499.
- Masters level courses numbered 500 – 600 (most are available to advanced undergraduates).*
- Doctoral courses are numbered 700 – 899.*
- College of Veterinary Medicine courses are numbered in the 900 series.
* Graduate courses numbered at the 500 and 700 levels are letter graded (A+ … F), while 600 and 800 level courses are S/U (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) graded. Graduate students may not take courses that are regularly letter graded for S/U grading.
Footnotes and Prerequisites
Some courses listed in the Schedule of Courses have a note highlighting special restrictions or information. Please remember that you are responsible for being aware of these requirements when you register.