University Commencement Ceremony
The University Commencement Ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. on Friday, December 18, 2015 at the PNC Arena.
Maps and Directions
PNC Arena is located at 1400 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607.
Many college and departmental ceremonies are held on main campus.
- Student Speaker Application – graduating seniors interested in auditioning to be the student speaker must complete the Student Speaker Application. Application deadline to be announced.
- Privacy Information Adjustments – Names of graduating students will not be published in the graduation program or in any official press release if the student has a privacy setting preventing such release. Students graduating in May 2015 must ensure that their “privacy settings” in the MyPack Portal indicate their intention for inclusion in or exclusion from these publications no later than March 27. Learn more about updating your privacy settings.
- Apply for graduation – navigate the graduation application process. If you have a minor, speak with your minor advisor to ensure all paperwork is in order.
- Get your cap and gown – visit the NC State Bookstore for your graduation apparel, announcements and diploma frames.
- Plan your schedule – check the main schedule for the date and time for both your University Commencement ceremony and your departmental graduation ceremony.
- Plan lodging for out-of-town visitors – stay on Centennial Campus at Wolf Ridge for $85/night for a 4-bedroom apartment.
- Check your data – has your name changed recently or is it listed in the system the way it should appear on your diploma? Use the Name Change Form to update your name. Check your address in the MyPack Portal to ensure that your diploma will be mailed to the correct location.
- Where and when to arrive at the PNC Arena – check the instructions for what time and where to arrive at the PNC Arena. Information regarding seating for your guests is also on this page.
NC State is partnering with Photo Specialities to offer professional photos to graduates.
- Photos of doctoral candidates will be taken crossing the stage at the main university ceremony. Photos are matched based on the final list of candidates provided by the Graduate School and used to call student names during the ceremony.
- Graduating seniors and masters candidates interested in having graduation portraits taken with their cap and gown. You will be asked to complete a card with your name and contact information prior to the portrait session and you will receive an email within five days providing you with a password to view the proof. You will also receive a proof through the mail.
- Photos taken at the Chancellor’s Reception will be printed on demand at the time you have them taken.
Over 50 Years of NC State Graduations
Download a listing of graduation/commencement speakers for the past 50 years.